WEDNESDAY WAKEUP for Sean (not his real name)
I came for help because of
· Overwhelming stress in a new role at work
· A lack of confidence in my ability to do the job.
My biggest challenges were
· Dealing with uncertainty
· Being apprehensive in my approach to a new situation
· Failing to notice the extent of the challenge until things went off course
· Suppressing the importance of the impact of my self-doubt on the whole scenario.
These thoughts and insecurities held me back from seeking help:
· Fear of acknowledging the issue
· Diminishing the extent of the issue
· Worry that I would not be heard or taken seriously by the coach.
I would like to share the following specific improvements:
· Thinking things through for a good resolution rather than firefighting
· Getting more than I anticipated from the coaching
· Discovering my ability to manage uncertainty
· Taking a different more optimistic perspective
· Setting up time at the end of the day for retrospective
· Time management skills.
I would say to the undecided person on the fence who is considering Noreen’s coaching services:
· Don't go past your wits’ end before you get help!
· You don't need to be in a very bad situation before you seek help
· There will be no negative outcome
· It saves you from getting worse – it retains your mental health
· You'll make progress towards your goal
· The stigma around seeking help is unjustified
· A real man comes to terms with who he is
· He can be upset and have issues the same as any other human.